I made this Valentine's wreath and am really happy with the way it turned out. It was easy for all those who say it looks hard!
What do you get a man who has everything he wants, aside from a truck and certain thousand dollar items? I'll tell you. You make him a tool bouquet and make up for the lame gift later. :)
Hey. It's the thought that counts.
Sterling and I went out to eat on Valentine's Day to one of our favorite places. The Outback. It was a very funny evening due to the likely fact that our server was high on meth. I'm going to make a list of funny things that nobody will understand, and I don't want to forget.
-no water
-no server
-"How would you like that cooked?" (server)
-no sauce
-still no sauce
-breaking dishes
-KETCHUP
-"Can't wait to see what we'll get for dinner!" (Sterling)
-no server
-"I'm gonna kill him!" (server, while swinging his fist at no one)
-no server
-"CAN I GET YOU ANYTHING?!" (creepy bus boy who popped up out of nowhere, yelling)
-no marmalade
-couple walked out
-dessert saw whole restaurant
-"BONUS!" (server, after giving us another couple's complimentary dessert)
-manager
-box?
-no server
-box?
-crashing dishes, missing server
-"Oh don't worry about it. It's not like I flog people back there. Thank you for telling me." (manager)
-check?
-no server
-"I guess they don't serve bread anymore. Yeah. They must not." (lady at another table)
Oh man. It's still funny. I'll tell you 2 of my favorite highlights.
highlight #1
I ordered CHICKEN & RIBS. I even pointed at the picture.
server: "How would you like that cooked?"
me thinking : Uhhhhh. All the way? Over a fire? Is this a trick?
highlight #2
We asked for more bloomin onion sauce and ranch SEVERAL times. After at least 20 minutes, he comes back with KETCHUP.
Anyway, it was all very fun and thanks to Grandpa for watching our boys so we could enjoy dinner and a show!
Sterling also surprised me with a getaway to Leavenworth. We alternate years for planning and we'd never been to Leavenworth so he planned it all. It was exciting, and cute, to watch him try to keep it a secret. All I knew was that he was taking me to the mountains and I needed to bring snow clothes. As we neared Leavenworth he made me close my eyes every time we passed a sign. Haha. It was a great date and thank you so much to my mom for watching my boys overnight and loving my baby while he experienced his first night without nursing! I missed him so much!
Anyway, back to our trip. We stayed at a bed & breakfast, went tubing, watched ski jumping, walked around all the little shops, ate lots of food, and really enjoyed being together. I love my husband! He is so good to me. I could tell he wanted everything to go right and for me to be happy the whole time. He succeeded. I love the mountains and all their beauty too. It's hard to beat that crisp fresh air. I enjoyed the hours we had together on the road too. It was a fantastic weekend! Thank you babe.
The ski jump is behind us.
This was just outside our room. Creepy.
Oh it's just a 600 dollar turtle. Sorry I'm not rich Heidi. This was the best I've ever seen.
This sign causes intense laughter.
The coolest witch hat we'd ever seen. It's on my project list.
Now, this one was only $250 Heidi. We didn't get it for you because we thought it was overpriced and could find it online cheaper. Sterling looked for a long time tonight and is now kicking himself because we can't find it! The biggest one we can find is like 30inches. Lame. This one all stretched out would be close to six feet! Oh, I want this turtle for you. Sigh.
By far the best shop in Leavenworth.
And another craft project...
We ate at a place called Andreas Keller. Remember in The Sound of Music, when Maria sings about schnitzel with noodles? That's what I had. Sterling had Schweinshaxe. It was all good, but lets talk about dessert. Imagine the best chocolate cake you've ever tasted and then then times that by ten trillion. Are you imagining? Great. Now, imagine that what you're imagining isn't even half as good as the cake this place serves. It was a salted caramel chocolate cake that I will never forget, and probably dream about. I won't try to explain it any more because there really are no words. Moving on.
Schnitzel with noodles looks an awesome lot like barf on a plate. Just saying.
I like dessert. It's true.
Please notice his pinky.
This is one of the staff members who was super nice. I took this picture though strictly to show the ridiculousness of my husbands snowy mountain attire.
1 comment:
What a great getaway. Love that place. Great job documenting your stay.
Post a Comment