Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Picnic

We went for a walk and had a picnic at the beach today with some friends, Rex Landaker and his family. It was a beautiful day and we all had a nice time. Below is the reason (Jill, lol) for the orange yarn lying around the house. I have been working on a blanket, specifically for days like this, (& camping). I finished today, just in time.
Originally I wanted something heavy and durable. I got the denim idea from Kapua. So I started collecting old jeans, but when I ran out, and the blanket wasn't big enough, I picked up the orange. The back side is flannel and the batting is cotton, really warm but not too thick. I didn't have a rotary cutter or a straight edge of any kind. Just scissors and me. You can't tell though! The lines look great!
One tip though, don't mix regular denim with stretch denim. No stretch!!! Would have been so much easier if I'd thought of that before!!!

My biggest fan.


Hayden doesn't have any baby left in him does he? He's so grown up! Tear.
I had to post this picture because I needed a second opinion. Does it look like a three year old cut my hair?
This video sucks and is boring. It's for dad. hahaha! That sounds really funny, but it's true!


Part 2, for dad

Thank you TV.

4 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

what a great idea! I have been collecting old jeans for years. I think I have plenty for this sort of thing. Might have to copy!

Robert and Amy said...

Hey guys! Sweet blanket Jenny! I wish I was so crafty.

Can't wait to see you all, we'll be there on the 7th :)

Bradley said...

Yes, your hair does look like a three year old cut it. didn't we already discuss this? haha

Heidi said...

Yes..it does look like Marcus cut your hair.