Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day, & More

Mother's Day was great. I woke up to my favorite people in the world and the leader of our pack made me a huge, delicious breakfast. Thank you Babe!

After church we headed to the temple. There's a peace there that can't be felt anywhere else, and we like to soak it up! I love shots like the one below. I can't help but think of them at 19, and how much they're going to love pictures like these (even though they refuse to look "on 3").

Mother's Day was also a day of reflection for me. How am I doing as a mother and wife? What are my goals? Am I reaching them? How can I do better? Do my boys know I love them? Do I spend enough time with them? Am I setting a good example? So many questions to ponder but it all basically came down to one. Would my Heavenly Father be pleased with the woman (mother/wife/daughter) that I am? If He had to do it all over again, would He still entrust these three most precious spirits to me? In my heart I know He would, but I know there are countless ways to be better. That's my daily focus lately, to be better.


Visitors!! Amy, Robert & Romy are in town for business and were able to visit with us. It was so nice to have company and to see how much Romy has grown. So cute!!!


Saturday @ La Jolla Shores
We really like this new beach, minus the SHARK Sterling saw!! Get this. It wasn't the shark that freaked him out, it was a seal. He saw the shark within minutes of entering the water, and didn't get out until he saw the seal, THIRTY minutes later!!! I don't care if it's "ONLY a six foot reef shark"!! It's a shark babe! Am I crazy?
LOVE this picture!

2 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I think He would be pleased with you. You're doing a great job! And you are so pretty! Can't wait for you guys to get back.

alanna said...

Yeah. Those pictures made me want to come visit soooo bad! It was too much fun last Summer when we were all there together!