Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Heidi!

I hosted a birthday party for Heidi @ our house this year. It was a lot of fun. We kicked if off with a BBQ and while waiting for the coals we played some games. The first one was for the kids. I made some croquet posts with actions on them. Sing, Dance, Jumping Jacks, and Push Ups. When they had done at least two, they got a prize. It was pretty great watching them dance!
The second game was a dart game. I put points in each balloon and we split into two teams. The team with the most points got prizes. The funny part of this was that before your turn you had to pick a handicap from my handicap cup. I was able to come up with 8. One eye (complete w/ a pirate's eye patch), hook shot, no elbow, jumping, dizzy, hike, underhand, & opposite hand. It was pretty dang entertaining.
I took tons of video but they're all too long. This is the only one that's not. It just happens to be the one where mom was cheating!!

The third game was a water balloon game. Whoever was "it" had to throw the balloon up in the air, everyone would scatter, and upon catching it would yell out "FREEZE"! Then he would take a shot at whoever was within range. Last person dry won a prize.
Unfortunately the really funny things weren't captured on video. Sterling threw one and it broke in his hand just before he let go and it showered me and Heidi. Not sure who he meant to hit.
Then towards the end of the game when everyone was dry, except Brad, hahaha, we decided to allow people to take 3 steps before they threw. I thought I'd take full advantage of that by taking the largest steps I possibly could. Well, that backfired when I slipped and popped the balloon myself.

When the game was over, Sterling and Chris started chucking balloons at each other and Chris nailed Sterling right in the ear. The funny part of that story is that it didn't pop so it just hurt real bad!

I posted this video for one reason. Chris's laugh. It's right at 15 seconds. I like to watch just that second over and over again, with the volume up.

Thanks to Grandpa, the boys think it's cool to pull their pants up as high as they'll go.

I made a pinata for another game, strong enough for all the adults to take out their anger. I now have an even greater respect for duck tape. Illustrations by Alanna and myself.

I don't know who was recording this. I'd like to think it wasn't me, but whoever did it, it cracks me up.

I'm pretty proud of this next idea I had. Stuffing the pinata with the ugliest, most ridiculous things you could wear...




Aren't we cool.
Just a random picture to show how much fun it was. By the way ladies, this man is single.

Chris couldn't resist these sexy panties.

Cake time. (business time)


This is Allen having a melt down because after Heidi "cut" their pieces of cake, it looked more like a casserole. It was hilarious!
After digesting a bit, we played the belly game. Heidi and I LOVE this game. One of our favorite pastimes is laughing hysterically for no reason. The belly game is simple. Just lay your head on someone's tummy and laugh.
After the kids went to bed, we headed out for some Rock & Bowl. Thank you Bonnie for watching our rug rats!

Here's a picture of the birthday girl giving the ball the finger. (not really) Good form Heidi.
It was seriously SO loud in there it was liquefying my brains. I didn't even care that I looked completely ridiculous.
Check out my score. Don't know how it happened. Maybe it's the cool ear plugs.


I love this picture of Noah because it looks like he took it himself.
Brigg & Noah

Love this one.

A Sunday stroll at Lions Park.



Cheese balls

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

that's an awesome family weekend! what fun to see everyone grown up and still having fun like back in the day. Tell everyone I said hi. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!

Robert and Amy said...

That looked like a fun party! But that video of Chris in the panties was just plain wrong. I could have gone my whole life without seeing that. :P

Amalea said...

Hey! What fun to see your family having such a good time. It's great you could all get together. Thanks for sharing this, Mrs. Talented!

Love you,
Em

alanna said...

Yeah, we're pretty awesome.

I like the pictures you chose...and the top-notch commentary.

Seriously. Great.

:)