Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy 30th Baby!!!

The day started at 5am when Sterling got up for work. I made him what was supposed to be an omelet with ham, peppers, and cheese, but turned into scrambled eggs. I also tried home-made chocolate and vanilla eclairs for the first time. They were alright. He headed off to work, 12 long hours...poor guy. The boys and I, while anxiously awaiting his return, baked him a pineapple upside down cake and I must say, it was the best I've ever made. I substituted some of the water for pineapple juice and mixed crushed pineapple in with the batter. Mmmmm!
Anyway, he finally arrived home just before 7pm at which point he opened his card from the boys which played music, "I'm so excited". They couldn't wait to give it to him. Then he quickly got ready for his bday dinner at one of his new favorite restaurants called...
Five of his buddies from work joined us. The food was amazing. If you ever go there, I recommend the butterfish or the fillet minon. There aren't even words to describe their deliciousness.
The boys love hanging out with these guys. Here is a picture with Ryan.

One of daddy's cards...and the PERFECT smile.

Just one of the cool treats the kids get while they're waiting. This one was crisscrossed quesadillas over sliced grapes. They also got one with carrots, celery and sliced apples, and their desert was a cookie bowl filled with ice cream and sprinkles, topped with a sugar dusted palm tree cookie. Lucky boys!
We got home from dinner sometime after 10 and then Sterling could finally open his present! I had the idea just two weeks ago to do this so thank you SOOOO much for all those who help put this together. Its a DVD celebrating his first 30 years which starts off with a little intro from me, followed by a slide show of pics and specially chosen songs from his siblings, parents and myself. Throughout the 25min show, there is actual video footage of his siblings, parents, and the boys and I, sharing favorite stories of him, or funny memories, etc. It was a good way to help him feel close to his family when we're so far apart. It turned out GREAT! and we're really excited to show everyone when we get back home. Thanks again! It meant a lot to him, brought a tear to his eye and also made him laugh hysterically...bloopers.
It was a good day.

2 comments:

alanna said...

Ahh...Happy Birthday Sterling. Sorry you're old and 30 now! Just kidding...we love you.
Can't wait to see the DVD. Miss you guys!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Konohiki! Also, heard you guys are staying there longer.... That sucks! Can't wait for you guys to get back and when you have the baby.