Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas 2008...(the short version)
We had 5 Christmas's this year. One with just our family, and one with each of our parents. Two of which were at our house this year, and the headcount reached 27 at one of them. Holy crowded. Anyway, good times...here are just a few pics.

Hayden & Marcus in their new jammies, in front of our smallest Christmas tree ever.
5 of the 7 "Franklin" grand kids. From Left to Right: Noah, Hayden, Marcus, Aubrey, & Elijah. Not pictured: Allen & Brigham
We got to see the Youngs!! Keegan is 3 months and Noah is 1 month. Can you move back here please so they can hang out together...and so WE can hang out together?? We miss you guys!

I think he's actually saying "cheese". Chris and the fam were able to visit and this is him sporting his new hat and showing off his new Banzai dude.

We got to go outside and build a snowman, or rather, watch daddy build a snowman.
The boys mostly just ate the snow and threw snowballs, but they also made some beautiful snow angels.

Noah & Daddy. Check out the shirt Sterling designed for his shop.

I make each child a stocking for Christmas, and this is this years for Noah. I love the curly toe with the bell at the end.
We have several Christmas traditions, one of which is to decorate a gingerbread house. I thought this would be a good time to share each others traditions. I'm always looking for new and exciting ideas for our family. So, below are the ones we do that I can remember...

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

1. get our tree the day after Thanksgiving
2. decorate a gingerbread house
3. open 1 gift each Christmas Eve-always a new pair of jammies that we wear Christmas morning
4. Christmas Eve we bake Santa cookies
5. Christmas Eve we watch a favorite Christmas movie-this year it was Jim Carey's The Grinch
6. Christmas morning, before other Christmas's w/ family & friends, we have one with just our family @ home.
7. Christmas Eve, put the kids to bed & play w/ Santa
8. just checking to see if people actually read this...lol

Ok, I know we have more, but I can't think of them right now. Please let me know what cool things your families do. I'd love to hear.


Hayden's most wanted gift this year was the "gorilla rock"...he REALLY likes it.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

looks like you guys had a blast. how's three treating you? he is such a great mix, more like hayden, but i'm sure you see that. yay for kids that are at the age to be that excited for christmas. they get too big too fast!

Erika said...

Yes I wish we could be closer too. I'm sorry!! :) And I love Sterling's shirt. The "it's not about the money" is great. Haha...

alanna said...

Okay, long post. Lots to comment. Love the stocking! You have to teach me when I get there. I want to be all crafty-cute too.
The shirt is awesome.
Yes, I read to #8, haha, you're so funny.
We're starting a tradition of door bell-ditching a basket of Christmas goodies to a family, reading/acting out the Christmas story, having a bonfire ??? (that's Brad's and I don't think we'll be continuing it). And a few of yours that you already mentioned.
Next year we should take our kids to sing at a nursing home. ...and then we could go save some puppies. :)
Okay, it's getting long.
Um, did you get new furniture?

alanna said...

P.S. The snowman is awesome. Especially his arms.

Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!! I love Hayden Nui's reaction to Gorilla Rock.

natalie4df said...

Where's the long version? :)