It's been a while. A quick update on our family. Sterling is doing well. Work is good, and he's been making progress on his projects. He has also started something that I think is REALLY neat. He's made a goal to draw one member of the family each day. The result would be that everyone, including himself will have a sketch book they can look back on, much like a journal, and see how they've grown. He drew Marcus today and it's absolutely amazing the talent that Sterling has. On a good day, my stick person looks retarded and yet he can sit down for 5 minutes and draw my son and have it look just like him. It pretty much leaves me speechless. I can't wait for the day he only works using his talents. He's incredible.
I'm doing well too. My boys keep me pretty busy and being completely outnumbered by males, trying to keep the house in order and be the wife, mother and daughter I want and need to be basically means, time needs to slow down. That would be nice huh? My boys are growing up too fast. Funny story to help prove my point. The other day I told Hayden to go sit down at the table for his oatmeal and he looked at me sternly and said "Don't talk down to me". WHAT??!! I've never said that in my life! Turns out he got it from a movie (night at the museum) but seriously, he's 2!
Hayden is completely potty trained, and by that I mean he even sleeps through the nights and wakes up dry. Sometimes he even wakes up to go.
Marcus is so funny. He'll dance to anything that makes noise. He's still climbing on everything, and he loves to eat...big surprise. He however, is thee SLOWEST eater alive. He gives kisses, folds his arms for prayer and says little words like dog, mommy, daddy, Hayden, cracker, star, Amen and he likes roaring like his dinosaurs. He's a chatter box, and is always wearing a smile!
There you have it. We're all doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment