Sunday, January 30, 2011

A little behind...


Somewhere in the midst of all these posts there was Sterling's birthday.  We went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra in concert and it was LONG to say the least.  It was fun but the 2hr show ended for us at over 2 1/2 hrs as our parking expired and the show's end was nowhere in sight!  We also went to a haunted house...which should be left to teenagers, not adults.  Another fun night with my man anyway!


He can read!!!  We promised Hayden that when he could read, we would celebrate by taking him out for a special night with mom and dad.  Several months ago, he got his night.  He got to go the book store and pick any book he wanted and we bought it for him.  He chose a dragon book.  Then we went out to eat at his favorite restaurant, Red Robin...where he quite enjoyed his milkshake.
Happy Birthday Noah!!  He hasn't really had many opportunities to play in the snow so waking up to this was pretty cool.

Snow Angel

Noah got a brand new car!  Thanks Grandma!
His go face.
Bath Time


On our way to get our Christmas Tree...from Lowe's.  That's how we roll.

I made a Christmas wreath this year.  I need to adjust the hanging star because the hook keeps it from hanging straight, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.  Total cost, less than $20.
Ward Christmas Party.  I love this picture.  Though it makes me sad to see how grown up they are already.  So handsome.
Someone forgot to send the suit with a beard, but the boys didn't mind.  He was handing out toys!
Santa came!
I've been waiting for a house with stairs just for this reason!


After our Christmas, we headed over to my moms for another one.  This is all the kids on our side, minus Esme', and my little guy who's still cookin'.
 Mom got us kids 72 hr kits.  Awesome!  We all needed one!
P.S.  Germy, this is my favorite picture of you.
 I can't take all the credit for this idea, but I did add some personalized touches.  Introducing...
Shave with me Heidi!
This was my gift for Heidi this year.  Anyone who knows her knows her abnormal obsession for all animals.  Growing up she had a tin full of frog pencil erasers, like 100 of them, each with a name, AND feelings!  So, naturally, Heidi as a Barbie had to have animal accessories.  Please note these dogs actually pee and poop. 
This gift came from our whole family with love, as the hair on the legs and in the pits, is actually a mixture of Sterling's, Hayden's, Marcus', and Noah's hair.
Thanks for being you Heidi!  I love you!
Sterling and I hosted Thanksgiving this year for the Franklin side.  It was quite the feast.  I cooked my first turkey ever and it was possibly the best turkey I've ever had!


The company was great too.  I'm all about traditions so this year I thought I'd start a new one, or rather put a new twist on an old one.  I cut out these 4's for everyone to write what they are thankful for.  We then posted them as decor until later, when we gathered around and shared with each other, trying to guess whose was whose.  I think it was pretty fun and now next year, we'll be able to pull out our 4's, compare and add a new four.  My only regret is that I didn't have any for the kids.  That could have made next year very entertaining, but will have to wait until 2012.  Anyway, if it keeps up, I look forward to ten, fifteen years from now, when we can see/read the silly things from childhood, turn into more mature thoughts of gratitude.

Marcus' image of his dear mother.  How sweet.
...followed by some of Hayden's add-on's.


2 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

You go, girl! A bloggin' fool! I love it.

Misty said...

Wow...you really were behind! =) I'm so glad you guys live close to us now! Your boys are so cute - I'm glad there are more boys around these parts!