Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007

TRICK AND TREAT
It's no secret that Sterling is creative. This is just a prime example. On our way home from Idaho on the 21st he came up with the idea to go as trick and treat. So, yes we made them and yes those are real rice crispies. They are both made out of cardboard boxes and covered with fabric. I sewed Sterling's bunny hat/ears with a pattern we both created on the spot. He drew up my lettering and it was glued on and the foil was placed for the inside of my wrapper. It took 2 and a half big boxes of cereal and several bottles of glue. (a question everyone has been asking)
Four days later, we finished! They turned out better than we expected, our only regret is not entering them into a contest. Maybe next year.
Yes, this is America's most wanted bunny...seriously creepy.
.
.
.
PUMPKIN CARVING
The awesomeness begins.
the awesomeness continues...
My pumpkin took about 2hrs to carve. I liked it so much it only spent 1 hour outside for fear that it would be smashed just like last years masterpiece. The rest of the time it spent in the laundry room...whatever.
.
.
.
.
.
.
SUNDAY DINNER
Sunday, as tradition, Sterling and his family all get together to share dinner and each other's company. Last Sunday it was held at our house and we asked everyone to wear costumes. We played some games and had a lot of fun visiting together. Thanks to all those who contributed, and to all those who left something at my house...hahaha. No, seriously, I have Robert's chest (that sounds funny), someone's maroon fleece, someone's green shorts, Kawika's rice lid, Trishana's silver armor bag, and who know's what else?

Uncle Robert and Aunt Amy

The kids started out bobbing for apples, and seconds into it the game changed...bobbing for boogers, yum. (yes, we changed the water) The older cousins got a few apples the second time around, but Hayden and Kawailani get mass points for trying!

So, I thought I'd get creative as possible with mac and cheese, coloring half orange-(yes, I know it's already orange), and the other half black, topped with Halloween sprinkles......not a big hit with the kids. Oh well.

I made a few Halloween dishes this year. The first two I got online and the graveyard, or "dirt dessert" was one we grew up with, and is REALLY good for you...cream cheese, pudding, cool whip, cookies, candy, butter, etc.


TRUNK OR TREAT
Hayden had the hang of it this year as he pulled me around the parking lot filling up his bucket, which he quickly handed off to me when it got too heavy.
.
.
.
Very fun Halloween!

No comments: